28.2.12

Wake up...

"Wake up and smell the brevity of this life" - are words that I woke up with this morning.

Each day that I rise from my bed, and there is breath in my lungs, I remember that God is not done with me yet.

I cannot understand His ways, I cannot fathom His glory, I cannot grasp His infinite nature, but my faith is in what I cannot see.

His faithfulness has been proven to me over my years of life on this earth. He has brought me this far, why would He give up on me now?

How foolish am I to expect for my eyes to see tomorrow? As if He owes me that and more.
How often do I forget the grace that He has lavished upon my life?

Yet, He looks at me day by day, night after night and reminds me that I am His and He is mine. I am a daughter of the King. Nothing can separate me from His infinite, unimaginable, REAL love.

In times of weakness, He is strong. In times of strength, He is STILL strong. I cannot live this life on my own because I am not my own. I belong to Him.

The brevity of this life should not lead me to fear but instead birth a thankful heart. a joyful heart. a servant heart. For though my days are numbered here, I am sure of where I will spend eternity. Not through my own deeds, not because of who I am or what I've done but through the saving work of my Saviour Jesus Christ.

As for today, I have breath. Today, I live for my King.

melody

1 comment:

  1. Amen! this was a pleasure to read, a friendly, gentle reminder.

    ReplyDelete