13.11.11

Selective Diligence Syndrome.

Do you have Selective Diligence Syndrome? Yeah I made that up but Let's see:

How much effort goes into every task that you do?
What type of attitude do you have while you do any task?
What kind of character are you displaying to those around you in everything that you do?


Why is this important?
Because everything you do in life, ultimately tells the world what or who you worship.
 
Through the years I've been a pretty good student in that I would finish all the assignments in time, I study, I do the research. But most of the time my attitude has been pretty sucky...


"I hate school. I hate this assignment. My teacher is the reason why I'm stressed." 

blah blah blah blah blah. 
  
Through the years I've been a pretty good employee. I show up to work on time, I finish my daily tasks, etc. But most of the time my attitude has been pretty sucky...

"I wish I had tomorrow off. Why is my boss so annoying? I'm tired, I'll just get this done tomorrow."
 
blah blah blah blah blah. 

And then, I go to church with a diligent attitude, ready to serve, and a heart filled with joy. There, I refuse to be lazy or complacent because I serve a God worthy of all of my worship. Hmm....all of my worship. This is something that the Holy Spirit continues to convict me with. I can't be diligent and consistent in simply one area of my life and completely disregard that which doesn't seem as "spiritual" like school work or daily tasks. Our worship to God is not limited within the four walls of a church building. In fact, we are called to live lives of worship unto the Lord. That means...

WORK HARD and press on in everything that you do whether your a student, an employee, a parent, a mentor you name it. 
KNOW YOUR GOD and His character. Love Him. Seek Him. Imitate Him.
RELY ON HIS STRENGTH because you simply can't do it on your own. God desires a broken and contrite heart and ultimately our dependence on Him. 

In everything I do I have to ask myself, "Melody, who do you worship?" 

If my response is going to be Christ, then my actions must match up.

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - {1 Corinthians 10:31}
"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." - {Colossians 3:17}
"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men" - {Colossians 3:23}

melody

No comments:

Post a Comment