10.10.11

Admit it.

Something I constantly have to tell myself is this:
"Admit it."

What does that mean?
Well the phrase "admit it" means breaking down my pride and...

admitting that I need help
admitting my sin
admitting my struggles
admitting my brokenness

If we all walk around this life thinking that we can live apart from Christ - we're fooling ourselves.
What would be the point of discipleship? What would be the point of reading the Word? What would be the point of anything? Because perfection needs no adjustment made, right? The problem is, we aren't perfect. Sometimes I trick myself into thinking I actually am. Like I have no problems or worries or sin or failures. But when you take the time to admit all these things, the freedom that is found is overwhelming.

Oh, the hope I find in Christ.

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we REJOICE in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces {endurance}, and endurance produces |character|, and character produces h o p e, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. [Romans 5:1-5]

This is the whole point of the Christian life. We are being sanctified. We are growing. We are becoming more like Jesus.

Admit that you need help.  Be broken before God.  Cling to the Cross.  Depend on the Lord. 


melody

No comments:

Post a Comment