30.9.11

encouraged.

After my last class yesterday I took the bus home for the weekend. As I was sitting at the stop, I couldn't help but smell the lovely aroma of steak coming from the Keg right in front of me. How torturous that was. A lady sat beside me waiting for the bus as well. Suddenly she broke the silence and said "smells good eh?"

And then obviously we talked about food for a solid ten minutes.

But after that, she told me about her day and how she met with one of her old high school friends that she hadn't seen in 40 years! She told me how excited she was to see her and hang out with her again.

After we had been talking for a while she asked me what I do, and I told her I was in Bible college. She screamed for joy and asked if I was a Christian and I said "yes" and she said "me too!!"

Right after she found out I was a Christian she immediately asked me to pray for her. She asked me to pray that when she goes to have dinner with her old friend that evening that she would be bold in sharing her faith and that her friend would come to Christ.


What an encouragement that was to me. To come across somebody I've never met but be instantly connected with them because of our faith in Christ. Sandra, my new found bus friend, later told me that she grew up in an abusive home and came to Christ after her two marriages resulted in divorce. Her desire is to see people come to know Jesus and understand that He is the only one who can satisfy them.


Even though she lives alone, she is content in knowing that she is living a life that honors God and all she wants to do is share Him with others.

Amen to that.

melody

No comments:

Post a Comment