22.11.10

He is my Strength

Wow! it's been a long time since I've blogged or even been on my own page haha. Well I think it's time to get back into it. I don't know how frequent my posts will be but I'm going to try and give this a whirl again.

So much has happened between now and the last time I posted but I won't even attempt to update fully. But I will give a small rundown: Basically since the last blog post, I went to Bermuda on vacation with the coolest bunch ever. Came back home and worked at camp for the summer, hung out with friends and family, visited NYC once again, and now I'm back at school.

There are so many things that I could share with you that God has been teaching me but something that has been consistently brought to my attention is my lack of faith and trust in God. Right now the sermon series at my church, Harvest Bible Chapel in Oakville, is titled Big God, Little Me and it's based on Isaiah 40. I don't know about you, but this subject is completely appropriate for me right now. Do ever find yourself living your life in an anxious, worried, doubtful and ultimately weak state? I do. That's because I walk around like a little know-it-all, thinking that my strength is greater than the God of the universe. Sounds dumb when I put it like that huh? Well that's just it, it is. When I began to understand the greatness of God, my independent living became more and more foolish. Just read Isaiah 40 - He measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, He sits above the circle of the earth, He brings princes to nothing and makes the rulers of the earth as emptiness, He is the creator of the ends of the earth, He does not faint or grow weary. If you think that's pretty amazing, that is but a glimpse of the greatness of God. He's so great, our limited and finite understanding can't even begin to understand His glory. Pretty sweet right?

After getting kicked in the face with this (in the best way possible) I began to ask myself, why do I worry? Why do I even try to live life apart from God? Why do I fear? The truth is, I have no need to fear, I have the God of all creation on my side.

Why do you fear? Do you worry about your future? Are you going through a difficult time? Are you worried about your finances? Are you struggling with something and are tempted to give in and give up? Whatever it is, God is greater than your circumstances. You're weary because you refuse to surrender. Give it up to the One who IS strength. Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Your prayers reflect what you actually think about God. Pray with an expectant heart, pray great things, pray always.


Isaiah 40:28-31 says, "Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

That's my God.

~ melody

1 comment: